Our school meals follow a healthy-eating policy and are NUT FREE.
Our meals are produced freshly every day in a school kitchen by our amazing cooks from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
Children in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 are entitled to a universal free school meal.
Our schools meals;
- have a three-menu cycle, allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons; and
- are written in consultation with pupils and cooks.
For all children wishing to have a school dinner instead of a packed lunch, the school office requires two weeks written notice before the change can be made.
All payments for school lunches must be paid through the ParentPay system which ensures we keep our cash handling down to a bare minimum.
School lunches for children in Year 3 up to Year 6 are charged at a rate of £2.50 per child, per day.
If you feel you may be entitled to Free School Meals please click here for further information including details on how to apply.
All preschool children can take advantage of a 2 course hot school lunch. This is charged at £2.10 per child, per day. We currently have a 100% take up of school lunches which are prepared on the premises.
Many children in school are enjoying milk through the cool milk programme, the latest government initiative to ensure that children increase their calcium intake.
All children under the age of 5 are entitled to free school milk. In the week that your child turns 5 they will no longer be eligible for free school milk but you can register and pay via the CoolMilk website.
Preschool, Reception and KS1 children receive fruit every day. Children in KS2 are welcome to bring in a piece of fruit to eat at playtime.
If you would like more information on healthy eating for your child please click here to visit the NHS Change4Life website where you can find some great recipe ideas and meal inspiration.